DescriptionThe aim of the workshop is to develop future visions beyond 2020 on sustainable cereal production. This will encompass our understanding of recent developments in cereal production and our working towards joint visions, design, and analysis of future sustainable cereal production systems.
The workshop will produce a number of contributed feature articles with a description of visions for sustainable cereal production beyond 2020 and strategies to obtain them focusing on the role of cereal breeding, cereal variety testing, cereal production and cereal products. The articles will be based on discussions of the following themes considered to be important in the development of sustainable agriculture (in alphabetic order):
1. Cereals contributing to sustainable energy production and use
2. Crop and soil management
3. Economics and legal matters in relation to seed and varieties
4. Participation of stakeholders during all steps of production
5. Plant breeding and use of genetic resources
6. Processing of cereals for human and animal nutrition
7. Sustainable land use, landscape management and biodiversity
Following the workshop, the group of organisers will write a scientific paper/policy paper including the results from the workshop.
|Period||14 Apr 2008 → 17 Apr 2008|
|Degree of Recognition||International|