Projects per year
I am a Statistician with interest in the application of statistical methods and machine learning techniques in epidemiology, health and environmental sciences. I am particularly interested in the modelling of disease risks and change in disease risks over space and time. Current research areas include spatial epidemiology, species distribution models, time series models and the analyses of disease surveillance data. I am also interested in the design of surveys and experiments and analysis of data emanating from such designs.
Work on several large datasets emanating from different sectors of the Scottish livestock systems.
Conduct research that inform the Scottish Government’s BVD control scheme
Leading the technical team of the international consortium working on a European Space Agency (ESA) funded LymeApp project
Currently managing a European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) funded project working with five countries in Europe to develop an Outcome-based Tool for Comparison of disease freedom
PhD student, 2017-2021: University of Edinburgh: Predicting Lyme Disease risk: Improving the knowledge of Ixodes ricinus and Borrelia burgdorferi dynamics in Scotland through structured data collection and citizen science :
- 29/07/2019– 30/9/2021: LymeMAP (project ID: 4000126612/19/UK/ND); European Space Agency funded Demonstration project aimed at developing a spatially up-to-date health management system for Lyme disease, £1.1m (Technical lead and manage SRUC team)
- 1/12/2016-1/12/2021: STOC FREE (project ID: GA/EFSA/AFSCO/2016/01 LOT 3). EFSA funded aimed at developing a generic framework for standardised and harmonised comparison outputs of different control programmes. £50,740
- 1/9/2017-31/8/2021: REF funded PhD project:Predicting Lyme Disease risk: Improving the knowledge of Ixodes ricinus and Borrelia burgdorferi dynamics in Scotland through structured data collection and citizen science. £79,969
- 2012- 2021: Statistical Consulting and training. NHS Highland Research and Development. £6k
- 2016-2021: RESAS: Livestock production, health, welfare and disease control.
- 2016-2021: Scottish Government’s Centre of Expertise on Animal Disease Outbreaks (EPIC)
- 2020-2021: UHI/NHSH CSO funded Covid-19 project: Psychological measures in NHS Highland staff during the Covid pandemic. £5k
- 18/05/2015 – 30/09/2017: LymeMAP (project ID: 4000113447/15/NL/US); European Space Agency funded feasibility project aimed at developing a spatially up-to-date health management system for Lyme disease, £230k (Technical lead and manage SRUC team)
- 01/12/2017 – 31/03/2019: Developing digital KE resources for Lyme disease prevention in Scotland UIF, £29k (PI and managed SRUC team)
Offer statistical consultancy to NHS Highland staff and postgraduate students
Teach statistics to staff and postgraduate students of NHS Highland
MSc postgraduate external examiner 2020
Member ERU management Team 2018- Date
Associate of Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland 2012 - Date
PhD, University of Glasgow
5 Nov 2005 → 26 Feb 2009
Award Date: 26 Feb 2009
Master, University of Ibadan
4 Dec 1995 → 7 Jul 1997
Award Date: 7 Jul 1997
Bachelor, University of Ibadan
7 Oct 1992 → 27 Jun 1995
Award Date: 27 Jun 1995
University of Glasgow
5 Jun 2020 → …
University of Edinburgh
1 Jun 2017 → …
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland
1 Jun 2012 → …
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
EPIC IV: Scottish Government's Centre of Expertise on Animal Disease Outbreaks, 2022 - 2025 (EPIC IV)
1/04/22 → 31/03/25
1/04/22 → 31/03/27
1/10/18 → 30/06/20
A modelling framework for the prediction of the herd-level probability of infection from longitudinal dataMadouasse, A., Mercat, M., van Roon, A. M., Graham, D. A., Guelbenzu, M., Santman-Berends, I. MGA., van Schaik, G., Nielen, M., Frössling, J., Agren, E., Humphry, RW., Eze, JI., Gunn, GJ., Henry, MK., Gethmann, J., More, S. J., Toft, N. & Fourichon, C., 7 Jan 2022, (First published) In: Peer Community Journal. 2, e4.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile30 Downloads (Pure)
Bacteriological Survey of Fresh Minced Beef on Sale at Retail Outlets in Scotland in 2019: Three Foodborne Pathogens, Hygiene Process Indicators, and Phenotypic Antimicrobial ResistanceBishop, H., Evans, J., Eze, JI., Webster, CA., Humphry, RW., Beattie, R., White, J., Couper, J., Allison, L., Brown, D. & Tongue, SC., 1 Sep 2022, In: Journal of Food Protection. 85, 9, p. 1370-1379 10 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
Brief Digital Interventions to Support the Psychological Well-being of NHS Staff During the COVID-19 Pandemic: 3-Arm Pilot Randomized Controlled TrialDe Kock, J. H., Latham, H. A., Cowden, R. G., Cullen, B., Narzisi, K., Jerdan, S., Munoz, S. A., Leslie, S. J., Stamatis, A. & Eze, J., 4 Apr 2022, (First published) In: JMIR Mental Health. 9, 4, e34002.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Evaluation design of the patient-centred pathways of early palliative care, supportive ecosystems and appraisal standard (InAdvance): a randomised controlled trialYang-Huang, J., Doñate-Martínez, A., Garcés, J., Campos, M. S. G., Romero, R. V., López, M. E. G., Fernandes, A., Camacho, M., Gama, A., Reppou, S., Bamidis, P. D., Linklater, G., Hines, F., Eze, J., Raat, H. & InAdvance consortium, 21 Oct 2022, (First published) In: BMC Geriatrics. 22, 1, 812.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Report/ Case Report › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Field evaluation of diagnostic sensitivity (DSe) and specificity (DSp) of common tests for amoebic gill disease (AGD) and complex gill disease (CGD) in cultured Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in Scotland using Bayesian latent class modelsBoerlage, AS., Ashby, A., Eze, JI., Gunn, GJ. & Reeves, A., Jul 2022, In: Preventive Veterinary Medicine. 204, 105654.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile4 Downloads (Pure)