Projects per year
Biomass Valorisation to Value-Added Bioproducts Development, Enzyme & Bioprocess Technology (including food bioprocessing technologies), Microbial Secretomics and Glyco-biotechnology, Bioactive Natural Products, and Functional Microbiome Interactions.
March 2020-July 2020: UM6P University, Morocco;
2019-Feb., 2020: Estonian University of Life Sciences, Tartu, Estonia;
2016-2019: Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia;
2010-2016: National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland
2009-2010: MITS University, Lakshmangarh, India
To date, I have experience as a Supervisor/Co-Supervisor of 34 B.Sc. 4th Year Students; 08 M.Sc. Students; 11 PhD students (04 awarded, 03 submitted, 04 under progress) and 06 Postdoc researchers.
Recent/Current Postdocs and Visiting Researchers
- Dr Ajit Passari
- Dr Arti Agrawal
- Dr Sumit Mishra
- Dr Luo Rong
Supervision/Co-Supervision of PhD Researcher(s) at SRUC
- Thomas Harrison
- Jessica Matthews
Self/project-funded hardworking and motivated Visiting Researchers, Postdocs, PhD and Master Students are most welcome to join our research team at SRUC.
- Associate Editor, Microbial Cell Factories [IF: 6.352], Biomed Central, 2017-to date
- Associate Editor, Microbiome [IF: 16.837], Biomed Central, 2018-to date
- Editor, Biotechnology Advances [IF: 17.681], Elsevier, 2019-to date
- Associate Editor, Environmental Microbiome [IF: 6.36], Biomed Central, 2018-to date
- Associate Editor, Critical Reviews in Biotechnology [IF: 9.071], Taylor & Francis, 2020-to date
- Editor, Science of the Total Environment [IF: 10.753], Elsevier, 2022-to date
- Editor, Mycosphere [IF: 16.525], 2016-to date
- Associate Editor, Environmental Chemistry Letters [IF: 13.615], Elsevier, 2022-to date
- Associate Editor, Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, [IF: 11.75], Taylor & Francis, 2022-to date
- Associate Fellow of National Academy of Biological Sciences (Asso FNABS), India;
- Distinguish International Professor of IFST, China;
- Fellow of Academy of Microbiological Sciences (FAMSc), India
- Fellow of Indian Mycological Association (FIMS), India;
- Fellow of Linnaean Society (FLS), London, UK;
- Fellow of Mycological Society of India (FMSI) India;
- Fellow of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (FNAAS), India
- Honorary Member of Iranian Biofuel Society (IBS);
- Honorary Member of Novel Global Community Educational Foundation (NGCEF), Australia;
- Honorary Member, Fungi of Egypt, Faculty of Science, The University of Suez Canal Ismailia, Egypt;
- Member Board of Trustees, Al-Fanar University, Alexandria, Egypt;
- Member of Royal Society of Biology, UK (MRSB);
- Secretary of European Mycological Association;
- Visiting Professor, Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), India;
- Visiting Professor, Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hungary
- Visiting Professor, South China Botanical Garden, China;
- Visiting Professor, The University of Science and Technology, Meghalaya, India;
@BAMRC, SRUC, UK
- “PHYTO4METAL: Development of an integrated phytomining system for the recovery of metal nanoparticles from mine waste” BBSRC (BB/X011712/1); 1/02/ 2023 → 31/01/25;
- “Self-charging biocompatible supercapacitors for enabling on-time and efficient drug delivery for chronic diseases” The Royal Society; 1/11/22 → 30/10/24;
- “Development of High-Value Bio-Products from Wild-Harvested and Farmed Scottish Seaweed” IBioIC; 1/11/22 → 31/05/23;
- “Synthesis and Characterization of Sustainable and Functional Materials for Advanced Applications” TU; 30/03/22 → 31/12/23;
- “Wastes to Plastics”, CN; 1/10/21 → 30/06/22
PhD, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University
Award Date: 10 Aug 2009
Master, Barkatullah University
Award Date: 30 Jun 2004
Bachelor, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University
Award Date: 30 Jun 2002
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
PHYTO4METAL: Development of an integrated phytomining system for the recovery of metal nanoparticles from mine waste
Novo, L., Gupta, V. K. & Kumar Thakur, V.
15/02/23 → 14/02/25
Self-charging biocompatible supercapacitors for enabling on-time and efficient drug delivery for chronic diseases
Kumar Thakur, V. & Gupta, V. K.
1/11/22 → 30/10/24
Synthesis and Characterization of Sustainable and Functional Materials for Advanced Applications
Kumar Thakur, V. & Gupta, V. K.
30/03/22 → 31/12/23
Development of high-value bio-products from wild-harvested and farmed Scottish seaweed
Kumar Thakur, V., Powell, W. & Gupta, V. K.
21/11/22 → 22/05/23
Wastes to Plastics
1/10/21 → 30/06/22
A global perspective on a new paradigm shift in bio-based meat alternatives for healthy dietRai, A., Sharma, V. K., Sharma, M., Singh, S. M., Singh, B. N., Pandey, A., Nguyen, Q. D. & Gupta, V. K., Jul 2023, In: Food Research International. 169, 112935.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review
Agro-waste to sustainable energy: A green strategy of converting agricultural waste to nano-enabled energy applicationsSonu, Rani, G. M., Abhimanyu, Pathania, D., Umapathi, R., Rustagi, S., Huh, Y. S., Gupta, V. K., Kaushik, A. & Chaudhary, V., 1 Jun 2023, In: Science of the Total Environment. 875, 28 p., 162667.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Antioxidant capacity and combinatorial antimicrobial effects of Nardostachys jatamansi essential oil with conventional antibiotics against some drug resistant bacteriaMajeed, A., Guleria, S., Sharma, N., Salaria, K. H., Aiman, F., Singh, B. & Gupta, V. K., Jan 2023, In: Current Research in Biotechnology. 5, 100118.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile6 Downloads (Pure)
A review of high-solid anaerobic digestion (HSAD): From transport phenomena to process designLi, W., Gupta, R., Zhang, Z., Cao, L., Li, Y., Show, P. L., Gupta, V. K., Kumar, S., Lin, K. Y. A., Varjani, S., Connelly, S. & You, S., Jul 2023, In: Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 180, 113305.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile3 Downloads (Pure)
Attenuation of Hyperlipidemia by Medicinal Formulations of Emblica officinalis Synergized with Nanotechnological ApproachesRachitha, P., Krishnaswamy, K., Lazar, R. A., Gupta, V. K., Inbaraj, B. S., Raghavendra, V. B., Sharma, M. & Sridhar, K., 4 Jan 2023, (First published) In: Bioengineering. 10, 1, 64.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article › peer-reviewOpen AccessFile
Crustacean waste-based products to support future food production systems
1 Media contribution